Introduction of Chicken Biryani Recipe
Chicken Biryani is one of the most famous food in Karachi. It is enjoyed by Pakistani People. It can be compared to mixing a curry, later combining it with semi-cooked rice separately. You will be amazed to know that there are twenty one different types of biryani in the world rather than a simple Karachi biryani. The word Biryani is derived from the Persian word Birian, which means ‘fried before cooking’ and Birinj, the Persian word for rice.
- 1.25 kg chicken
- 1 kg rice
- 4 medium thinly sliced tomatoes
- 10-12 green chillies
- 1 bunch mint leaves roughly chopped
- 5-6 brown fried onions
- 1/2 cup dried plums
- 2 tbsp whole Garam masala (black pepper corns, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms, star anise, bay leaves)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp gg paste
- 1 tbsp chicken powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 – 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 – 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp kewra water
- Fry gg paste in oil.
- Add 2 glass water, chicken and all spices.
- Cook for 2 mins uncovered on full flame. Off the flame.
- Mix mint leaves, fried crushed onions, tomatoes, green chilies and dried plums altogether.
- Spread it over chicken. Sprinkle Garam masla on it. Sprinkle 1 tbsp orange food color over it. Add kewra.
- Spread 1st layer of half cooked rice. Now turn on the flame(High) and add remaining full cooked rice.
- Add 1/2 cup cooking oil.
- Cover and Cook on high flame for 8-10 mins
- Leave for 4-5 mins.
- Insert a spoon in between to check there is water left or not.
Biryani is Ready!!!