Chicken Karahi is undoubtedly one of the most famous curries in and out of Pakistan and India. The Pakistani version Chicken Karhai does not have peppers or onions whereas the North Indian version uses capsicum. The dish is prepared in a karahi.
Ingredients for Chicken Karahi
- Lal mirch (Red chili) crushed 1 tbs or to taste
- Dhania (Coriander seeds) crushed 2 & ½ tbs
- Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder)
- 1 tsp or to taste
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) crushed 1 & ½ tbs
- Namak (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- Oil 1 & ½ Cups or as required
- Chicken karhai cut ½ kg
- Hari mirch (Green chilies) whole 8-9
- Adrak lehsan (Ginger garlic) crushed 3 tbs
- Kali mirch powder (Black pepper powder) ½ tsp or to taste
- Tamatar (Tomatoes) 2 large (blanched & grinded)
- Prepared spices mix 2 tbs or to taste
- Lemon juice 1 tbs
- Prepared spice mix to sprinkle
- Koyla (Charcoal) for smoke
Cooking Directions of Chicken Karahi
- In bowl,add red chili crushed,coriander seeds,red chili powder,cumin seeds,black pepper powder and salt,mix well & set aside.
- In wok,add oil and heat it.
- Add chicken and fry until golden brown.
- Slit green chilies with the help of the knife and add in a wok and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now remove excess oil.
- Add ginger garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes then mix well.
- Tomatoes grinded Add and mix well.
- Add 2 tbs of prepared spice mix and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 6-8 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Sprinkle prepared spice mix and give a coal smoke for 3 minutes & serve.
Chicken Karahi Ready !
Pakistani Love-Chicken Karhai !
Why not to check other Recipes?
Check out our new recipe
Keep on visiting for more
Interesting Recipies !
Updated at 1 st Sep,2020