This Tamarind chutney is a wonderful combination with many Indian and Pakistani dishes. Fried items and snacks like chicken crepes, samosa, bread rolls, spring rolls go well with it. Besides these, they are an excellent side dish with many lentils too.
You can even enjoy it with famous road side Indian dishes. Famous dishes like chaana chat, bhel puri, gol gappas and other savoury snacks are on the list.
The mint adds a fresh zeal to the chutney. The sweetness doesn’t let the tanginess get to the throat. The spiciness and the sweetness both can be adjusted according to your taste and requirement.
Making The Tamarind Chutney
- 250 g Tamarind Pulp Soaked and seeds removed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 8-10 leaves mint
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 pc Green Chili
- Add the Tamarind Pulp to the blender
- Put in all the ingredients except the mint leaves
- Turn on the blender to a medium setting for half a minute with two intervals
- If the mixture is too thick add a tbsp of drinking water
- Once all the ingredients are blended together add the mint leaves and give it another go.
- You can add more salt and sugar according to your taste